Sun 4th Sept - Malham

Announcements and updates about walks in the published programme.
mikec
Committee

Sun 4th Sept - Malham

Postby mikec » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:42 am

Please note that quite a few of the group are staying over on Saturday night in Kettlewell, so we will not be at the car share meeting point.

Maybe if anybody is planning on car sharing on Sunday, they could reply below?

Walk name: Malham
Date: 04/09/11
Start Grid Reference: SD900627
Nearest Town: Malham
Start time: 11:00
Start Location: National Park Car Park, Malham (by the Visitor Centre).
Car Share: Morton Park (opp. McDonald's) 09:00
Grade: Moderate
Distance: 7 miles
Longer Description: A walk through spectacular limestone scenery. Depending on what people feel comfortable with, we can climb the waterfall at Gordale Scar, or adjust the walk to suit, to reach Malham Tarn. Return journey via the limestone pavement and Malham Cove.
Contact name: Michael
Michael

bryonyholroyd

Postby bryonyholroyd » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:26 pm

I'd love to go on this walk but couldn't spare the time to be away the whole weekend. So if anyone is going just for the Sunday hike and would be able to give me a lift then please let me know - I live in Northallerton and I don't drive (and the buses are rubbish / mostly non-existent on a Sunday, though I will check - I may be able to get to Leyburn) but can get myself to any convenient train station e.g. Darlington. Thanks very much in advance!

Bryony.

Liz G
Committee
Postby Liz G » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:56 pm

Katie W is also looking for a lift. She can get to the Car Share at Morton park.

Liz G
Committee
Postby Liz G » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:58 pm

bryonywilford wrote:I'd love to go on this walk but couldn't spare the time to be away the whole weekend. So if anyone is going just for the Sunday hike and would be able to give me a lift then please let me know - I live in Northallerton and I don't drive (and the buses are rubbish / mostly non-existent on a Sunday, though I will check - I may be able to get to Leyburn) but can get myself to any convenient train station e.g. Darlington. Thanks very much in advance!

Bryony.

Hi Bryony

It might be easier if you can make your way to the car share point at Morton Park. It is walkable from the station and I do believe that you can get a bus to.

Liz

Liz G
Committee
Postby Liz G » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:49 pm

Liz G wrote:
bryonywilford wrote:I'd love to go on this walk but couldn't spare the time to be away the whole weekend. So if anyone is going just for the Sunday hike and would be able to give me a lift then please let me know - I live in Northallerton and I don't drive (and the buses are rubbish / mostly non-existent on a Sunday, though I will check - I may be able to get to Leyburn) but can get myself to any convenient train station e.g. Darlington. Thanks very much in advance!

Bryony.

Hi Bryony

It might be easier if you can make your way to the car share point at Morton Park. It is walkable from the station and I do believe that you can get a bus to.

Liz

I have infact just checked out the link Michael posted and it looks as if the bus's run every 15 minutes on a Sunday morning.

Thanks Michael as it really useful to know

Oddbod Soz
Postby Oddbod Soz » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi Bryony - I live right next to the station and will be heading to the car share if you want a lift down there! Can give you lift back after as well. :-)

Return to “Walks Programme”