Membership

Answers to questions we are regularly asked.
Administrator
Site Admin
Membership

Postby Administrator » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:39 pm

Answers to Questions about membership

Administrator
Site Admin
Postby Administrator » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:58 pm

Q. Do I have to join the group before I come on a walk?

A. No. You may attend up to 3 walks as a prospective member. If you then decide to become regularly involved with group activities you are expected to join the Ramblers

Q. Is there any time limit for prospective membership?

A. No. You might attend your first few walks over 3 weeks or 6 months depending on circumstances.
We will remind you about membership if it becomes clear to us you are getting regularly involved.

Q. How do I become a member?

A. Membership is by joining the Ramblers. There is no separate subscription to the group.
You can join online via the Ramblers web site or we can supply you with a paper form to send in the post.
You will need to specify our group name 'Darlington Dales and Hills' or code 'NY8' on the form otherwise you will be assigned to one of the general groups in the area based on your postcode.

Q. Are there any membership discounts?

A. Joint membership is available for two adults living at the same address. Reduced rates are available to those who are genuinely unable to afford the full rate.

Q. Can children be members?

A. Children under 16 can have junior membership cards free of charge. However see other answers regarding children taking part in our activities

Q. I'm a member of another Ramblers group. Can I take part in your activities?

A. Yes. as a Ramblers member our activities are of course open to you. Please contact the group beforehand to let us know you may be coming along.

Q. Can I bring along a visitor, who does not intend to become a member.

A. Individuals may attend as guests if they are only likely to come along on a one off or very infrequent basis. Guests should be aware that they they take part at their own risk as they are not covered by the Ramblers public liability insurance.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)”